Sage 500 ERP 2014 is now available for immediate download in the customer portal. The new features and enhancements in this release are designed to increase productity, simplify processes, and reduce costs.
Incorrect book entries unfortunately happen, no matter how careful people are. Payments get applied against the wrong invoice, finance charges are applied incorrectly, or a memo is applied to the wrong customer.
- With version 2014, Sage introduces “Reverse Applications,” a new task that reduces the number of steps necessary to undo the incorrect application of a memo, payment, or invoice. Sage 500 customers can now correct errors as soon as they are discovered—without sacrificing productivity.
As the number of email accounts grows worldwide, email addresses appear to be getting more complex and longer all the time. Prior to version 2014, Sage 500 ERP was able to process only 40 characters in the email field, leading to challenges with managing contacts that have more characters.
- In Sage 500 ERP 2014, the email field has been expanded to the industry standard 255-character length to allow for better contact management. The expanded email address capability applies to customers, vendors, and all business contact records across the entire Sage 500 ERP 2014 release.
Processing and fulfilling customer orders is one of the most critical functions in any business, and efficient sales order processes are a powerful tool to significantly increase productivity and to improve customer service.
- With the new display of the shipment number in “Generate Shipments,” the Sage 500 ERP user no longer has to run additional reports to find out what shipment he is working on. If it is a single shipment, the information is immediately available.
- Also new in Sage 500 ERP 2014 is that the sales order number associated with the line Item on an invoice is now printed on the invoice itself. The inclusion of the sales order number on the invoice line provides a quick cross-reference for customer service teams—allowing them to serve their customers better.
Inventory is one of the largest business expenses for a distribution or manufacturing company. How well businesses adjust to demand and manage their inventory has a significant impact on the company’s bottom line.
- Sage 500 ERP 2014 integrates with Sage Inventory Advisor, which helps our customers to identify where the biggest improvements in inventory management can be made, produce quality forecasts, and suggest optimal replenishment recommendations.
Electronic funds transfer (EFT), a digital payment process that involves directly exchanging funds between two bank accounts, is the choice of many companies to reduce transaction processing costs, improve efficiency, and increase visibility and control.
- Sage 500 ERP 2014 now includes the ability to process EFT transactions through Sage Payment Solutions. This enhancement will allow our Sage 500 ERP customers to take full advantage of the benefits that EFT provides.