You may have noticed that when using CRM 2011 (Online or On-premise) that it is not possible to add CRM entities and links to the Outlook 2010 Favorites Area. Adding these links to your Favorites area can increase your productivity by minimizing clicks and scrolling. If you use a few core CRM entities all the time, like Opportunities or Dashboard or Cases, adding these to your Outlook Favorites area can be a big help.
Well, there is a way to fix that with a quick registry modification! If you are not comfortable modifying your own Windows Registry, we can help or so can your local IT provider.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2494600 is the link to the Microsoft Knowledgebase Article, also summarized below.
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSCRMClient.
- Right-click MSCRMClient, point to New, and then select DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Enter DisableSolutionsModule as the name.
- Right-click the DisableSolutionsModule REG_DWORD subkey, select Modify, and then set the value to 1.
- Exit and then restart Outlook.
Once Outlook is restarted, try to right-click on a CRM entity like Dashboard, and then you should see an option to add it to Favorites.